External repair - roofing, masonry and glazing.
St. Anne’s church, consecrated in 1850 was built to the design of Mr Gilbert Scott. It is one of the finest Victorian buildings in the Channel Islands and its large size has caused it to be known as the Cathedral Church of the Channel Islands. The Church building’s footprint is approximately 650square meters.Download as PDF
St Anne’s Church is built in cruciform plan from Granite with Caen Stone dressings. The year-long works consisted of major repairs to stone structure to the stair tower roof and roof joinery generally, relaying the Cornish slated roofs with repaired Cornish slates and new replacement Delabole slates. Concrete louvres were replaced with new slate louvres.
Associated leadwork repairs in code 4,5,6 and 7 lead were made and the valley gutters were made accessible to aid maintenance. To further improve rainwater disposal additional high capacity rainwater gutters and down pipes were laid to supplement existing cast iron rainwater goods which were refurbished. The existing lightning conductor system was repaired. Broken window panes were reglazed by stained glass experts. Exterior stonework and timberwork was repaired and decorated.