St Andrews Church in Blagdon, built between the 15th and 20th Centuries, is a Grade II listed building in the heart of its local community.
This programme of work aimed to equip the church for community use. It now provides a warm, catered, and comfortable environment for parishioners.Download as PDF
Heating, plumbing and electrics were replaced throughout the church. Additional power points, spotlighting, smoke alarms, radiators and a new sound system were installed. A new kitchen and under-stair WC were created with oak furniture. Damp proofing, drainage, and ventilation were improved. Floors were insulated and replaced and the Bath Stone walls gently cleaned, and limeplastered. New glazed screens were installed in the high-level west towerarch and alongside 19th century timber tracery screen shown above which we repaired and restored.
Oak pews dating from the 1900’s were conserved and stained to match the original finish. We commissioned a specialist glass conservator to repair sections of the fine stained glass window.