The Orangery on the Longleat Estate was built circa 1807 by Jeffry Wyatville for the 2nd Marquess of Bath. It is built of limestone ashlar to the front and Flemish bond brick to the rear. It’s façade hosts 7 glazed bays, French windows, Doric pilasters and entablature, and balustraded panels. Ellis and Co were appointed principle contractor to repair the welsh slate hipped roofs. Leaking lead wall head gutters had caused the timber roof structure to deteriorate. Ellis and Co undertook repairs and partly reslated the roofs replacing leadwork around the louvred dormer windows, creating copper gutters with gutter supports, replacing rotten timber including oak cills and dormers and installing new cast iron downpipe and hoppers from Ashworths. Bat access and roosting boxes were created within the main roofing space for a population of lesser horseshoe bats. The roofing, masonry and timber repairs instructed by Benjamin Beauchamp Architects took place over 12 weeks completing in August 2018. Longleat is a popular tourist attraction and the site remained open to the public throughout the contract.