Located on the outskirts of Wellington, Somerset, the original house consisted of living quarters around a courtyard with the Great Hall being modernised in the early-mid 16th century. Further renovation works took place during the 1920’s and late 1960’s after which the health of the manor declined as a result of benign neglect. New owners have taken on the property taking action to restore the property to a significantly better condition more fitting of the buildings’ importance in both history and design.
The repair project included re-roofing and retiling specific slopes in natural slate, new lead roofs, drainage works to both rainwater and foul drainage, masonry and timber repairs including repairs to windows and doors, internally new mechanical and electrical infrastructure was installed throughout, and walls and ceilings were repaired and where necessary replastered including decorative plasterwork ceilings. The floors were also relaid in natural stone.